It is no secret that the pandemic has affected the global economy. Sadly, many local businesses have been hit the hardest. With some closing their doors, struggling to stay open or whatever their case may be… small businesses need YOUR help.
So how can you help? Referrals are when you tell another individual about a business and they then go purchase a product or service from that business. Most service-based businesses offer a referral program. For example, CPC Beauty, offers half off the next infill (up to $52.50 off) if a new lash guest mentions who referred them on Guest Intake Forms. This not only supports my business growing but also thanks the people supporting me.
If you are a business owner, never hesitate to start referral program. The pandemic economy has affected everyone, including your clients/customers.
If you are a client, how should you encourage referrals and help small businesses? There are many different ways, but here are some of the FREE ways to promote a small business you love:
- Share their posts on your social media
- Engage on their social media to share how much you love a product or service they post about
- Take photos while you are at the business or after you receive services and post on your social media
- Tag them in your local mom groups when people ask for referrals and EXPLAIN why they should go there
- Review them on their preferred review sites like: Yelp, Google, Facebook, Gloss Genius, etc.
- Verbally share your love of the business with your friends. Or if someone compliments you on something related to the business.
Knowing you support your local businesses not only means a lot to the owners and employees- but it also keeps the local community alive during these hard times. Try to help promote a small business 1-3 times a week from the list above and help a family keep up with their bills and provide for their families.
Do you have favorite Michigan small businesses that you love? Tell me the business name and location so I can check them out.
Keep your beauty standards high!
Follow me on Instagram.
Like my Facebook page.