Sometimes I get off topic… today is one of those days.
Planning a wedding is a huge task. I would know, I thought it was a good idea once. The one thing I remember is the amount of stress and time you put into planning one day. I like to tell people if you can afford it, get yourself more beauty sleep and hire an event/wedding planner. These professionals literally take on all your stress!
Through my lash business I got the chance to meet a wedding planner. Lisa Gebhardt, owner of LG Event Design(@lgeventdesign) came in for an appointment and we chatted about her profession. She informed me all of the things that a wedding planner can assist you with! Here were her top ten things she offers with her wedding planning business:
- Negotiations of contracts and pricing to ensure you get the most bang for your buck!
- From choosing the venue to helping navigate you through booking to execution of the wedding.
- Finding and choosing vendors for anything you may need.
- Day of coordination. You wouldn’t believe the stories I have heard when people try to do this themselves!
- Wedding etiquette rules. You don’t want to be THOSE people who did something offensive.
- Budgeting. Making sure you stick to a budget while still achieving a beautiful wedding.
- Timeline management. Knowing what needs to be done when, so you don’t miss a deadline.
- Expertise in planning bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner events.
- Menu consultation for choosing menu everyone will enjoy. We all know it’s the REAL favorite part of weddings.
- Family/bridal party management. Drama free is the way the wedding should be.
So if you are newly engaged or thinking it is coming your way soon, remember this post! Remember all the parts of wedding planning and get yourself a planner. Enjoy the process and save the drama for those wedding lash extensions.
Keep your lashes happy & wedding magical.